Is it just us, or does it feel like fall is coming?
It might not be the sweater-wearing fall one might enjoy in other parts of the country — but to us, it might be even better.
Here are five signs that fall is indeed on its way.
1. We’re thinking about real clothes. We’ve been wearing tanks, shorts and sundresses for months. Now we can start to explore the exciting world of long sleeves, layers and boots (like this cute number from Free People available in the store).
2. Our weather is starting to feel less oppressive. It’s still hot, yes, but increasingly tolerable. Morning and evening outdoor activities are actually feasible, and the idea of a post-6 a.m. hike isn’t met with shock and horror.
3. Concert calendars are filling up! Everyone (including touring musicians,) knows better than to visit Arizona in summer. As we slide into fall, all our favorite venues have packed calendars. Check out Crescent Ballroom, Stateside Presents, Lucky Man, and Valley Bar for the line-ups.
4. Hooray pumpkin! Pumpkin lattes, muffins, a whole slew of Trader Joe’s products and one of our faves, the Four Peaks Pumpkin Porter. This local favorite is now available at Four Peaks and other bars throughout the state.
5. Farmers Market produce is going to get even better! Hello root vegetables and leafy greens. Oh how we’ve missed you! Check out this handy Fall fruits and vegetables list and gather some new comfort recipes. Our Central Phoenix staples: Uptown Farmers Market and Phoenix Public Market’s Open Air Market.
What are you looking forward to this fall?